Dear triathletes, runners and cyclists,
On the 6th and 7th of June 2020, the ESTEC Triathon Club will organise for the second time the Nosy Komba 5 km running event, to collect funds for the Sunshine in Nosy Komba organisation (www.sunshineinnosykomba.net).
Accounting for the special situation of this spring 2020, this year the Nosy Komba 5 km running event is going to be virtual (although we will run for real!).
If you want to challenge yourself for a good cause, join us on 6-7 June 2020 for the virtual 5KM race!
If you want to donate to support Sunshine in Nosy Komba projects (education in Madagascar), please follow the link: https://donorbox.org/sunshine-in-nosy-komba-general
Have fun & stay safe!
Rules of the race
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event time frame in a location of your choice. Here's what you need to do:
- The 5 Km route shall be a lap, meaning you must finish approximately ( +/- 200m from the start) in the same place as you start.
- You can also do a so-called "out & back", so turn around halfway and then head back, Just make sure you get at least 5 Km!
- This 5 Km can be ran at any time between 9am Saturday 6th June and 5pm Sunday 7th June CET!
- Remember that this run must be run solo!
- There will be a separate men/women classification
- Please stay up-to-date on the latest news and guidelines from WHO (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019) and your local and national authorities (e.g. RIVM). At this time, all runners should protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. The organisation is not liable for violation of the Corona rules.
- Only participate when you are fully fit, and of course stay inside if you have any signa of cold or flu.
- Please be fair, no cheating! This is for fun and for charity!
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers. Celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active!
How to participate?
- Go to https://www.strava.com/clubs/647510/group_events/709187 and click 'I am in'
- Log in with your Strava account (If you are not registered to Strava please do so. Strava is also available for iOS and Android, you can use it on your smart phone to track your run)
- You are now registered to the event, and all you now have to do is run as fast as possible on a lap of 5 Km.
- The GPS file that you upload to Strava will be automatically uploaded to the competition page and the ranking will be defined by the organisation based on Strava data.
- Please include the following details when naming your activity in Strava: "5KMNosyKomba;Name;Age;Gender;Nationality;Run Location"
- The final results will be posted on the facebook page and website of Sunshine in Nosy Komba.
Sunshine in Nosy Komba
A global development project is being carried out in Nosy Komba since 1992. It has already built a school campus (3 schools, canteen and dormitory), medical centre, electricity and water networks and it is stimulating the economical development (community farm, production of ice and septic tanks, etc.).
Sunshine in Nosy Komba Initiative created in 2011 by ESTEC employees to support the development project in Nosy Komba, with projects on: Education, Health care and Sustainable development. For the last 5 years, Sunshine in Nosy Komba is granting access to education to more than 350 children with the funds raised through this tournament. If you want to know more about us have a look at our flyer or activity report (attached here) or visit our Website or Facebook.